Thursday 1 December 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD

About a week ago the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints released the #LIGHTtheWORLD Christmas initiative. 25 days of service, each with an attribute of the Saviour we can develop through service, and detailed examples of service we can offer. 

David A. Bednar said, "The whole purpose of this initiative is to celebrate and share the light of Christ. What we hope people will do is not simply think about the Savior during this Christmas season, or even just learn more about him. What we hope is that they will come to know him by doing what he did.”



I can think of no better way at no better time to come to know and love our Saviour, Jesus Christ, than by serving our fellow men and spreading the joy of the gospel at Christmas. and that is what inspired me to start this blog! I hope that by posting my thoughts and love for the gospel I will be able to share the joy that fills every aspect of my life with you. and that's truly what the gospel of Jesus Christ can do. It turns our darkest trials into triumphs. Things that we see as impossible to overcome become possible when we turn to him. Our lives are filled with joy. Every good thing that has ever happened to me has happened because of my membership in this church and I truly believe that.

As we humble ourselves and come unto Christ we will be changed and perfected in him, and serving the people around us is the perfect way to come unto Christ. Turning outwards to lift others will make happiness so much easier and more available to us. Offering Christlike service motivated by charity will change who we are, and it will make the world a brighter place.

Matthew 5:14-16 says "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." We all have the light of Christ within us. Accept this challenge and share some of that light this Christmas season. Whether it's by a huge planned out service project, or offering a simple smile, you have the power to reach out and change lives.

Follow Christ's example and serve how he served this Christmas season. and also I encourage you to watch the #lighttheworld video because it's incredible! (link below)

https://www.mormon.org/christmas/light-the-world?play=hero

I am humbled when I think of Christ's ministry on earth. He was the perfect example of being Heavenly Father's hand on earth. He was selfless, kind, loving, tender, and merciful, even in the hardest and most brutal of circumstances. I love the gospel and I love my Saviour and I want to try every single day to learn more about him, grow closer to him and to become more like him.  I am so excited for the next 25 days and I hope I am able to create habits that stick with me through all the days after that. I hope and pray that I can throw away the mirror and look through the window. And I hope you all can too.

-Hanna







No comments:

Post a Comment